Every year on March 22, World Water Day gathers individuals and organizations to collectively reflect on how to create a more water wise world. World Water Day 2017 will explore the theme of wastewater, and how it can be used as a valuable resource to create a more sustainable water future for all. This challenge is especially urgent in the Mediterranean, which counts some of the most water-scarce countries of the planet.
Are you between 18 and 35 years old and from the Mediterranean?
Are you engaged in water and climate activities that contribute to positive change in the Mediterranean?
If yes, the Center for Mediterranean Integration (CMI) strongly encourages you to submit your application to the “Mediterranean Water Heroes” Contest, for a chance to present your innovative work and projects on wastewater reuse to regional water experts, international organizations and other young water activists on March 21-22, 2017 in Marseille, France.
That’s Not All!
Besides all paid travel expenses to Marseille winners will win the following:
- Networking: Sponsored registration at the Stockholm Water Week, Stockholm, Sweden (August 27-September 1, 2017);
- Connecting with international experts: Key speaking role during the CMI “Youth Innovating with Wastewater for a Sustainable Mediterranean” World Water Day event in Marseille, France (March 21-22, 2017);
- Visibility: Showcasing of your work on the Center for Mediterranean Integration and partners’ websites;
- Video: Featuring your work in a CMI video on wastewater reuse in the Mediterranean;
- Mentoring: Peer-to-peer mentoring with other Mediterranean water activists and experts.
The submission deadline is February 25, 11:59 pm CET time, 2017